Vocalist.org archive

From:  <rachparker@e...>
Date:  Wed Sep 11, 2002  5:37 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: losing weight and the voice

Hi Sharon,

First of all, congratulations on your achievement!

Earlier this year I lost 50+ pounds, and have yet to notice anything but
positive results in my voice. The increase in my energy level has done
wonders.

You mentioned difficulties with the Marschallin piece, but how is the rest of
your repertoire? Are you encountering the same problems with pieces you
learned before your weight loss? If not, it could be that you just need a
little more time with this piece, to get your "new" body used to the process
of learning a song.

Also, are you doing abdominal exercises? I have found a moderate ab routine
beneficial for my breath control, but if you overdo it, it can cause
unnecessary tension.

I think patience will be the key. I stand in continuous awe of the human body
to adapt -- I'm sure yours will!

Rachel

emusic.com