Vocalist.org archive

From:  "omtara" <omtara@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 9, 2002  6:32 pm
Subject:  Re: "Muscle Memory"

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., Leslie Jones <LJones@s...> wrote:
> Count me as one who has been through that process, many times --
especially
> as one who, over the course of a number of years and teachers, was
> "diagnosed" as just about every female voice classification before
I found
> "home".... :-)

Hi Leslie and others who have responded to my posts -

I am finding it ironic that I brought up this "muscle memory" issue
and there has been such a response, because I am now finding myself
going back to arias and songs I learned before I learned my
current technique. At the time I learned them, I was kind of
desperate to learn arias, despite the fact that I wasn't being
taught much of a technique, and couldn't get my voice around these
arias properly. I will be able to re-learn them, but I am going to
have to go through them in detail and reprogram my body to do new
things on every phoneme and every rest. Oh well. . . it'll be a
project. It will be that much more satisfying to sing these pieces
when I can sing them well and with some authority, compared to how I
sang when I learned them!

Karena

emusic.com