Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Sep 9, 2002  2:42 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Suggestions needed for vocal workshop

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Tina Harris wrote:

> On a related topic, does anyone have any comments on the method of focusing
> your breath toward to lower back instead if the abdominal area?

1) Try to achieve a sense of the "butt" dropping (particularly important
for women, who tend to have sway back), to lengthen the muscles in the
lower back.

2) THINK about breathing into the lower back, instead of breathing side to
side, or breathing into the lower abdomen.

The longer I sing, the more I discover that the most important "muscle"
for singing is the one between our ears. It's amazing what just changing
your mental imagery can do.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I want to know God's thoughts...