Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <rossicaio@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 9, 2002  12:03 am
Subject:  "AMERICAN SINGING" WAS:"Muscle Memory"

Reg:>
No doubt this is why most of the singing world,
other than in the US, does not submerge itself in the
understanding of muscle processes but deals only with the results.
I'm sure there is a middle ground somewhere here.<

I've read European singers saying that Americans are nowadays competing and
getting their jobs in European opera houses. One of them said it was due to
the many schools Americans have absorved due to immigration (Italian,
German, etc), what made them better.

Now, you've given us a different feature of the puzzle: they must be
improving all they've inherited. Damn yankees!;-)

Caio

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
20046 Re: "AMERICAN SINGING" WAS:"Muscle Memory"Greypins@a... greypins Mon  9/9/2002

emusic.com