Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 7, 2002  2:00 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] recital songs...any ideas?

Hi,
Here are some songs which you might like to try. I dont know if they are all in
your range
Operatic... O Don Fatale from Don Carlos by Verdi
Can't Help Loving Dat Man o' Mine from Show Boat
Laudamus te from Bach's B Minor Mass
Qui Sedes " " ' " "
See Now the Bridegroom by Bach from Christmas Oratorio
Sea Fever by Ireland
Return, return O God of Hosts from Samson by Handel
Eja Mater from Stabat Mater by Pergolesi
Voi, che sapete from Le Nozze di Figaro by Mozart

Jodie Bean wrote:HI everyone,
Thank you so much for the responses so far they have
helped me more than you know!
In response as to what I am interested in and a theme
and audience type, I am a mezzo-soprano/contalto, I am
into singing anything and everything, you name it i
will like it, jazz, musical theatre, opera arias, art
songs...everything. My range is from an E below the
staff (treble) to an A above the staff. The audience
is going to be friends and family so they will love
anything I do ;). I am not set on a theme, however I
know I am going to be putting some Stephen Sondheim
songs in there because they are wonderful. :)
Let me know of any songs ideas, or themes, or anything
trust me I have a while to learn these songs and I am
open to everything! (because I love singing ) ;)
Just an idea, some past repertoire I have been working
on are:
1) Sehnsucht - Ludwig van Beethoven
2) Gretchen am Spinnrade - Schubert
3) Vergin, tutto amor - Francesco Durante
4) O Thou that tellest good tidings to zion - from the
messiah
5) SONGS I AM GOING TO BE DOING FOR THE RECITAL FOR
SURE:
---Sooner or Later - Sondheim
---Children will listen - Sondheim
---Broadway Baby - Sondheim