Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cosi Fan Tutti" <palace@g...>
Date:  Wed Sep 4, 2002  3:20 am
Subject:  Summer Ramblings

It was much more like a fog horn than usual. It is true that I was
really nervous singing to Miller and everyone else in the class. I
also had the same feeling of my throat closing up and my mouth going
dry. Honestly, you'd think by now the body could have figured out a
real stress situation from just singing!!!!
Reply:
yeah, it should know the difference.

No, I think he's right. Now that he has pointed it out, I have to
agree that loud "straight" singing is one of my specialities when I
don't concentrate enough on resonance

Reply:
I have been working on softening exactly this issue of "loud straight singing"
which I do most of the time. Instead of blowing the air out on the words, I am
practicing by singing the vowels and tap in the consenants delicately. Maria
Callas is a great model for me on this, she had excellent placement. I don't
really know how to describe it. I wish you luck on your development.
Julie

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19998 Re: Summer Ramblingsbjjocelyn   Fri  9/6/2002
20009 Re: Summer RamblingsReg Boyle bandbau Sat  9/7/2002

emusic.com