Vocalist.org archive

From:  "drama_diva_au" <drama_diva_au@y...>
Date:  Tue Sep 3, 2002  2:28 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Vocal crisis

as much as private lessons.<<<<

Absolutely John, I guess I was thinking more of what "they" recommend
and the city I live in. (Alexander is ideally taught one-on-one
intially so as to pinpoint the individual's weaknesses, but that
doesn't mean that all the follow up for evermore needs to be done
that intimately.) I have found it never hurts to ask if 'whoever'
would consider being flexible and teaching a small group of people
even if you have to get them together yourself. In Mirko's case for
instance he has an entire cast of singers from the Magic Flute to try
and con, I mean, persuade to make up a small group of maybe three or
four perhaps. :-D

BTW, Feldenkrais is the best thing I ever did for my back. There were
no trained practitioners here when I first discovered it, I practised
it from an extremely long (and expensive) series of tapes that were
loaned to me and they were invaluable. And it was one of the most
relaxing things outside of yoga that I have done. I think it must
have a lot to do with the process and practise of concentration. I am
however in the process of hopefully finding a group class to
participate in at the moment as I am in desperate need of some
regular bodywork. Curse my laziness!

Michelle

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19975 Re: Vocal crisisJohn Link johnlink010254 Tue  9/3/2002

emusic.com