Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Cosi Fan Tutti" <palace@g...>
Date:  Tue Sep 3, 2002  1:26 am
Subject:  Fall Semester: Porgi di Amor

From: Amanda Kelley <mandasings@y...>
Subject: Re: Fall Semester Begins

Julie,
Porgi, amor (Marriage of Figaro-The Countess) is a good aria for a beginning
lyric soprano. It is short, not too rangy, very lyrical and simple, and is
dramatically interesting. Even if it isn't a role you'll play in the future, it
is a really great aria to learn from (especially from a poise and stage presence
stand point).

Response:

Dear Amanda,

I will take your advice and run with it. Now I have my first class aria.
(whew) Thanks. I heard the melody and I love it.
Great news came in today as well! I was cast in La Boheme (shop woman) and in
Suor Angelica (A Lay Woman)
How exciting! Yay!

Most Sincerely,
Julie