Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Dale Gillespie" <bigtenordale@a...>
Date:  Tue May 30, 2000  10:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: (Marty Robbins)

If you want to listen to some more good Marty Robbins, then get the soundtrack
to "Honky Tonk Man" (if it's still avaliable). This was one of the last things
that Marty did before he died. He even appeared in the movie. It is about a
Honky Tonk singer in the 30s, starring Clint Eastwood, who is dying of
tuberculosis and a bunch of recording executives try and get all of his music
recorded before he dies. Clint Eastwood does some of the singing on the
soundtrack but it is mostly Marty Robbins. "Yellow Rose of Texas", that kind of
stuff. I haven't listened to it in a long time myself, but it is a good abum.
---
Dale Gillespie - Tenor
bigtenordale@a...
Phone: 604-945-6273