Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Aug 23, 2002  1:46 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Greetings! Could we maybe help each other?

I'm sure that there are a number of us who have posted sound files to our
Web sites, so it may be possible to listen to each other without having to
pay the U.S. Post Office a cent.

I'd also suggest, if you're generally interested in hearing some other
baritones who haven't yet made it to the Met, Covent Garden, Wiener
Staatsoper, etc., that you do a little Web surfing. There are a lot of Web
pages out there for "up and coming" singers, and you might want to check
out some of their online sound files. I do this sometimes myself, and not
too long ago "discovered" three singers who I'm eager to hear more from,
based on what I heard on their websites (visit my "favourite singers"
page, and you'll find a linked page devoted to these "want to hear more
from..." singers).

There are also some Websites of vocal competitions that include online
sound files (MP3s, RealAudios, etc.) of past winners, such as the Lotte
Lehmann Foundation's CyberSing, and the International Tchaikovsky
Competition. Yet another place on the Web to hear other young (and not so
young) singers.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I will sing with the spirit, and I