Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Sun Aug 18, 2002  7:36 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Recital Enders

"Some Other Time" from the Bernstein/Comden/Green show
ON THE TOWN is a lovely song to about a bittersweet
good-bye. In the show it's sung by a quartet, but I
found it in the Comden/Green selections book. The
cover of the book has Betty and Adolph doing a big
"song ending" pose with outstretched arms and jazz
hands. This song is well worth looking into. I
wanted to end my senior recital with this song, but I
found it to late to get it in my voice and be
completely comfortable with it. Best of luck with the
recital. They're nerve wracking, but it can be such a
rewarding experience. Good luck.

Trevor
--- Dolphin aura <dolphin_aura@y...> wrote:

> First of all I want to extend a Thank You to all of
> you who replied to my emails, I am working on a
> senior recital program.
>
> Now, I was wondering if anyone could suggest some
> good ending songs for my recital. I don't think i
> want something flashy or anything. I would like it
> to be in english. I would want something that could
> kind of sum up the ending of a college career. My
> leaving is kind of bittersweet. I have had my ups
> and downs with this school, so anything that could
> kind of express that would be nice. It could be
> classical or musical theatre, or standards, jazz, an
> aria, etc.
>
> I am a soprano but I can sing lower songs.
>
> Thank you in advance

> HotJobs, a Yahoo! service - Search Thousands of New
> Jobs
>
> removed]

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs

emusic.com