Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Mon Aug 5, 2002  10:22 pm
Subject:  Vocal Classification

I didn't think of it during the first post, but if you want a good
overview of voice classification, see if you can find a copy of Robert
Rushmore's "The Singing Voice". I believe it is out-of-print, but your
local library may have it, and of course, you can always get it through
inter-library loan. It is an easy read for those wishing to get a basic
grasp of the Ps and Qs of classical singing.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

emusic.com