Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lauri D. Goldenhersh" <lauri@g...>
Date:  Wed Jul 31, 2002  6:58 am
Subject:  New sacred solos for mezzos

Hi, gang! I have a challenge for all you repertoire geeks out there--

For those of you who donıt know me, Iım a freelance pro in Southern
California, and I sing all kinds of things, all over. (We have to really
love our cars out here...)

Iım really looking for two types of things: 1) art songs with sacred texts,
suitable for recital situations (I use sacred here to mean spiritual, of any
religious background), and 2) sacred solos from the last fifty years in an
art song style (rather than popish contemporary), good for church or temple
services, or good for auditions.

Iım bored with my sacred solos, and I love modern compositional styles. I
have a few interesting (read strange/obscure) solos that work well in an
unusual recital format (e.g. Howells ³King David² and anything by Richard
Cummings), but Iıd love more.

Any ideas? I suspect thereıs lots out there, and Iım just having problems
thinking outside the usual boxes. Assume that Iım a fabulous musician with
a huge range (both are about 75% true), and that I can find anything, in
print or out (you never know!). Throw at me anything you can think of. Iıd
just love to hear what you love.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!

Lauri

Lauri D. Goldenhersh
(626) 334-7307
lauri@g...

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19768 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosarado_ge   Wed  7/31/2002
19769 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosnorma bowen   Wed  7/31/2002
19775 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosKaren Mercedes   Wed  7/31/2002
19774 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosKaren Mercedes   Wed  7/31/2002
19779 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosLee Morgan   Wed  7/31/2002
19770 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosnorma bowen   Wed  7/31/2002
19776 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosSharon Szymanski   Wed  7/31/2002
19780 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosLee Morgan   Wed  7/31/2002
19782 Re: New sacred solos for mezzosKaren Mercedes   Wed  7/31/2002

emusic.com