Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Tue Jul 30, 2002  2:35 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] "Glitter and Be Gay" for baritones?

Jay, it is not light in character, but it fits the remainder of your vocal
and music parameters: Let the dreadful engines of eternal will - Henry
Purcell. It is a mad scene for baritone set as incidental music for a
play based on the Don Quixote story (the role is an incidental character,
I would have to check my notes for the exact personage). Do NOT use the
version found in Boosey & Hawkes "Baritone Songs": it substitutes a
previously heard section for the final one. Both Britten and Tippett have
transcribed versions of the work. I have used a mixture of both with the
"Baritone Songs" version. It runs about 8 minutes in length.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

emusic.com