Vocalist.org archive

From:  "lucialammermoor" <lucialammermoor@y...>
Date:  Sat Jul 27, 2002  3:29 am
Subject:  Re: french arias

Hi - I'm Elisabeth, one of the many lurkers. I was playing catch up
tonight - I've been out of things with a couple of gigs.

Read thoroughly through Karen's lists. I have found them very
helpful. Thoughts: Lakme is always a possibility, given your
criteria, but take a look at the Meyerbeer selections (there's a
Brenreiter collection of Meyerbeer arias for each voice type) (oh
- and Natalie Dessay, on her French arias albums adds a high
Ab (!) at the end of Ombre lgre, as well as Rossini's "Le
Comte Ory" - Countess Adele's aria is deadly! (and I love every
minute of it!).

The Auber "Manon Lescaut" laughing song is a lot of fun, BTW,
but only goes up to a D, and not sustained. But it is a good
workout for your French. Glendower has it in his catalogue.

Have fun with whatever you pick!
Elisabeth

> Hello there. I'm a 22 year old light lyrical to lyrical coloratura
soprano looking for a high french aria for grad school auditions. .
. preferably something with a sustained Eb. I've looked at the
Manon (not so interested), and am currently looking at Je suis
Titania, but am wondering what my other options are. Does
anybody have any suggestions?

> Mandi

emusic.com