Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Tue May 30, 2000  5:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TECH: Falsetto -clarification

Okay, here goes the explanation. Not sure how I got everything turned around
so thoroughly.
Zemlin: "The folds vibrate and come into contact only at the free borders
and that the remainder of the folds remains relatively firm and nonvibratory.
Furthermore, the folds appearr long, stiff, very thin along the edges, and
somewhat bow-shaped.
Brodnitz: "The falsetto is sung with only the foremost parts of the cords
left free to vibrate at the margins, the rest being dampened.:
More discussion and explanation on this would be welcome. .........and
yes, we could even go backwards and discuss the physiology that occurs from
chest, to mix, to head, and falsetto.....for a refresher course.
Thanks!
Mary Beth Felker-Osborn.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1981 Re: TECH: Falsetto -clarification john schweinfurth   Tue  5/30/2000   3 KB
2000 Re: TECH: Falsetto -clarification Sung-il Cho   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB
2009 Re: TECH: Falsetto -clarification Domisosing@a...   Wed  5/31/2000   2 KB
2053 Re: TECH: Falsetto -clarification Sung-il Cho   Thu  6/1/2000   2 KB
2101 Re: TECH: Falsetto -clarification Sung-il Cho   Fri  6/2/2000   3 KB

emusic.com