Vocalist.org archive

From:  Greypins@a...
Date:  Mon Jul 22, 2002  8:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Continuing Vocal Education.

In a message dated 7/21/2002 11:41:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bandb@n... writes:

> Then you have missed the point Mike that tonal continuum,
> as with every aspect of good singing, is a continuous process.
> :) I don't know how old you are Mike but from what you write
> it seems you have serious doubts as to your comprehension
> as well. Not a criticism just a reasonable expectation.
> Next question...who knows what support is? Get the point?
> Some may never know.

reg,

i agree that vocal education is an ongoing process. at the age of
45, i have come to the temporary conclusion that the voice operates under
certain physical principles, as do most machines. those principles exist
independently from how they are applied. the 'classical technique' (as if
there were just one) is only one application of those principles.

you are correct in thinking that i doubt my comprehension of how the
voice works. in my opinion, without doubt, further study can only lead to
confirming one's prejudices.

as to whether i 'get the point': i'm never really sure what you're
talking about. (again, not necessarily an insult, just an observation.)

mike

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19727 Re: Continuing Vocal Education.Reg Boyle   Mon  7/22/2002

emusic.com