Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Link <johnlink@n...>
Date:  Thu Jul 18, 2002  6:03 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Use of Chest Voice (WAS re: classical training)

mike wrote:

>in fact john, that was the best swing i ever had. if my elbow could
>take it, i'd still make it. since, i have found swings that produce good
>scores and less damage but, none have as glorious a feel or ball flight.

I understand your motivation, but the pain in your elbow indicates
that you are organizing yourself in a way that directs some of your
force at your elbow instead of the ball. Find a way to direct into
the ball the force that is damages your elbow and I say you'll have a
better swing (in all respects) than the one that hurt your elbow.

And what about the "glorious feel"? Did you pay attention to your
elbow as you swung? What's glorious about a hurt elbow?

> i'm reminded of john derek's line from 'knock on any door': "live
>fast, die young, leave a good lookin' corpse."

What's so good lookin' about a corpse with a damaged elbow?

Have you tried lessons with a golf teacher? How about lessons with a
Feldenkrais practitioner? I could recommend someone (a Feldenkrais
practitioner) near you if you'd be interested.

John Link

http:/www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink
Check out my CDs:
http://www.cdBaby.com/JohnLink2 (John Link Sextet)