Vocalist.org archive

From:  norma bowen <normasings2000@y...>
Date:  Fri Jul 12, 2002  2:43 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Classical/non-classical singing

Hello,
I find this article to be very interesting. I am
classically trained and I do have to teach people who
sing Gospel music, pop music and the like . I find
that they 'drive'the voice, force the chest into the
top register.There are times that I do wonder if my
teaching makes sense to them.
I use slides,messa di voce etc.However I do know that
after their lessons with me some of them go right back
singing the way they did before.
Norma
--- william_h_flanders <flanders@d...>