Vocalist.org archive

From:  velluti@c...
Date:  Wed Jul 10, 2002  4:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Digest Number 1209 Messages 3 & 4

Permit me; I seem to have missed this er...discussion about:

> Sorry, but I'm not going to recant. It's one thing to be "an unusual
> singer", and quite another to make your weird androgynous persona your
> main selling point. Selling one's self based on one's IMAGE,
> rather than one's talent, is standard practice in the pop music world.
> But
> it doesn't win my respect for one's ability as a singer.
>
> If that strange creature you call "an unusual singer" really cared about
> promoting his/her/its SINGING, his/her/its Web page would NOT be
> designed
> to focus on VISUAL impact.

I tend to read this group in digest form, but my interest is piqued here.

Who /is/ this "person" and what is the web site ? i have a slight interest in
the androgynous myself, if you both
care to look at my web site.

Elsa:
Owner: Castrati_History Group,