Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lauri D. Goldenhersh" <lauri@g...>
Date:  Wed Jul 10, 2002  2:41 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Question about an opera star...

Karen, Iım surprised at you, as Iıve read your posts for months, and youıre
clearly so knowledgable about so many different areas of music. Perhaps in
an academic environment we can remain focused on one or two branches and
styles of music, but we all know that professional freelance performers need
to be open to a wide variety of opportunities. I thought you would welcome
the opportunity to at least look at another option. Exploring diversity is
the only way most classically-trained singers can survive and stay
artistically fresh, even if we choose to remain within one genre ourselves.
Why is it OK to spend dozens of posts on misheard lyrics, but then
completely dismiss a legitimate question about an unusual singer? Tsk
tsk...

Lauri D. Goldenhersh
Classical Vocalist
lauri@g...

On 7/8/02 3:41 PM, "Karen Mercedes" <dalila@R...> wrote:

> Frankly, whoever this Adeyto androgyne is/was in its previous life, its
> reinvented persona seems designed to appeal primarily to fans of Japanese
> "Anime" cartoons.
>
> Aren't there enough good singers out there without spending any time on
> this bizarre phenomenon?
>
> Karen Mercedes

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19612 Re: Question about an opera star...Karen Mercedes   Wed  7/10/2002
19615 Re: Question about an opera star...Lauri D. Goldenhersh   Wed  7/10/2002

emusic.com