Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ingo Duckerschein <ingo_d@y...>
Date:  Thu Jul 4, 2002  7:02 pm
Subject:  Question about Italian language programmes (in Italy)

Hi all,

I'm thinking about taking a couple of weeks (2-3) off from work to do
an introductory course in Italian in Italy. Has anyone had
experiences, positive or negative, with these courses? Any
recommendations for a good course?

I don't speak Italian, so my hope is to gain two things from the course
-- rudimentary vocabulary that I can build going forward, and, most
importantly, good pronounciation. I'm at a point where I need to be
able to pick up a few Italian arias and it's very difficult to get the
pronounciation right by myself. I'm also finding it hard to connect to
the music when all I have is a (relatively) poor translation. My other
option is to begin private lessons here in London.

Thanks for the advice.

Ingo