Vocalist.org archive

From:  "arado_ge" <arado_ge@y...>
Date:  Tue Jul 2, 2002  1:34 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Richard Miller

except for seeing real time spectral analysis which is
> interesting but nothing earth shaking.

Talking of which .... a while ago someone posted a hyperlink to a
free download of some spectral analysis software and I can't find
that mail to save my life. If the person could send me the link
again to arado_ge@y... I'd be really grateful.

On the Richard Miller issue, I'm looking forward to doing
masterclasses with him in Austria this August. I have read his books
and every other book on singing I can get my hands on. There is a
lot to absorb and while it may all have been out there for years, I
have to agree with Peggy - people learn differently ..... I also read
a book on running technique to prepare for a race but I didn't really
understand HOW to use the technique until my boyfriend, a marathon
runner, took me out and said "now this is how you do it"!!!

I think many people feel the same way about Miller - seeing something
being performed. It is wonderful to be able to have the experience
to see someone in action ... otherwise why would any of us sing if we
could get the same pleasure out of just reading the music!!! As I
become more addicted to the singing drug, I'd rather learn by singing
than by reading a book :-)

Kirsty

emusic.com