Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Margaret L. Harrison"<peggyh@i...>
Date:  Tue Jul 2, 2002  12:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Richard Miller

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 00:58:03 EDT buzzcen@a... wrote:

>>I'm curious, what did you learn that was so mind-blowing seeing that he has
several books out there and a column in NATS every month?

Randy, perhaps consider that some people have a learning style that's
different from your own. Me, I can't read something about singing in a book
and apply it. I process poorly visually, and do much better aurally, and even
better when the teacher is working with me personally. I can read something
in a book, but when the author or a gifted communicator is telling me about
it, it takes on a meaning for me that the words on a page don't.

This doesn't mean that I (or a potential student of yours) is less gifted or
intelligent - just that they take in information differently than you do.

End of sermon!

Peggy

Margaret Harrison, Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

emusic.com