Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jul 1, 2002  6:13 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Sad news....

>From: "singingfan" <singfan@m...>
>>
>As some of you may have hear the singer Roosemary Clooney (of
>relation to George Clooney "ER"), lost her life this morning to lung
>cancer. Best recognized for the hit song "Come On-A My House". She
>was 74 years old.
>
>She will be missed by many.

I heard Rosemary Clooney with the San Jose Symphony a few years ago. She
sang songs of all sorts and conditions, including "We're in the Money" in
honor of nephew George, and told a couple of funny stories about an
8-year-old grandson.

Actor Miguel Ferrer is her son.

You're right. She was a fine singer, and she will be missed.

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
"This would be a better world for children if the parents had to eat the
spinach." --Groucho Marx