Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Mon Jul 1, 2002  3:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Richard Miller

I agree with Sharon - while I knew all this stuff before, the presentation
of it really codified things for me. And no one had ever explained releases
as well as Miller did - even my beloved fabulous teacher in MD. All anyone
ever said to me was "Your releases could be better," and no one ever said
HOW. It wasn't till Miller said, "release into the new breath," and I was
able to actually do it in the warm-ups every day that I said, "DUH! Like
THIS!" It has changed my singing and my teaching. I found it very
worthwhile.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"