Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Mon Jul 1, 2002  2:58 pm
Subject:  Re[2]: [vocalist] Richard Miller

Sunday, June 30, 2002, 11:58:03 PM, you wrote:

bac> I'm curious, what did you learn that was so mind-blowing seeing that he has
bac> several books out there and a column in NATS every month? I'm not
bac> implicating anyone, but I always find it dismaying that teachers are blown
bac> away by this stuff when the information has been out there for sometime.

Honestly, although I have read Miller and Vennard and do have a very good
idea of physics and acoustics, the one misconception I'd held for
years was that the front wall of the abdomen needed to remain steady
in appoggio, rather than the side walls. When I watched him breathe
and work with people on keeping the sides steady and readjusted my way
of thinking, everything else became easier, especially movement over
passagio points.

Other than that, what Sharon said about cameraderie and a whole week
of focusing on nothing but beautiful singing was also fantastic. :)

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19536 Re: Re[2]: [vocalist] Richard MillerSMSchneider   Mon  7/1/2002
19537 Re: Re[2]: [vocalist] Richard MillerGreypins@a...   Mon  7/1/2002

emusic.com