Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Laura Ruiz" <laura@l...>
Date:  Tue Jun 25, 2002  1:47 am
Subject:  Audition Announcement

Lyric Opera of Los Angeles announces auditions for its upcoming
late-October production of Heinrich Marschner's "Der Vampyr" on
Saturday, July 6 beginning at 12:00 noon.

This will be a West Coast Premiere production of this little known work
by an equally little-known composer. Fabulous music, composed around
1827, the performances will be in German, fully staged and costumed,
with orchestra. There will be a principal cast, as well as understudy
cast. The following roles are being auditioned:

* Malwina (soprano) - understudy
* Janthe (soprano) - principal & understudy
* Emmy (soprano) - principal & understudy
* Suse (alto/mezzo soprano) - principal & understudy
* Aubry (tenor) - principal & understudy
* Georg (tenor) - principal & understudy
* Gadshill (tenor) - principal & understudy
* Scrop (tenor) - principal & understudy
* Lord Ruthven (bass) - principal & understudy
* Lord Davenaut (bass) - principal & understudy
* Green (bass) - principal & understudy

Chorus parts are being auditioned as well. There's a tremendous amount
of chorus in this opera. It's fantastic music, a fun plot (how can you
go wrong with vampires at Halloween?), and a not-to-be-missed
opportunity to sing with L.A.'s newest professional company.

This show will be stage directed by LizBeth Lucca, with musical
direction by Robert Sage.

Rehearsals will begin in late August, with 4-6 performances in October
(dates will be announced at the auditions).

Come join us for an exciting West Coast Premiere.

Auditions will take place in the Music Building at Azusa Pacific
University. Directions can be found on our website
(http://www.LyricOperaLA.org <http://www.lyricoperala.org/> ). Primary
rehearsals and performances will be in the Pasadena and/or Hollywood
area.

We would like to hear you sing specifically something in German, and
preferably from the Romantic or late Classical periods. We do not
expect you to come prepared with an aria from this opera since the score
is out of print and rather difficult and expensive to come by. However,
if you are cast, we will provide scores to you for a very reasonable and
low cost.

Please contact Laura Ruiz for audition times and further information.
She can be reached via e-mail at Laura@L..., or by phone at
323.264.4298.

Note: There is no pay for these performances.

If you have already sung a lead role with LOLA, you do not need to
audition again. Simply let us know that you'd like to be considered for
a role. We know your voices.

We look forward to hearing you on July 6th.

Feel free to forward this message on to anyone you know who might be
interested.

Sincerely,
Laura Ruiz
Founder / Artistic Director
Lyric Opera of Los Angeles
http://www.LyricOperaLA.org <http://www.lyricoperala.org/>
323.264.4298

Lyric Opera of Los Angeles just completed it's inaugural production of
Mozart's "Abduction from the Seraglio". The production was a tremendous
success. We hope you'll come join us for our next show.

emusic.com