Vocalist.org archive

From:  Vicki Bryant <MezzoNotte@e...>
Date:  Sun Jun 23, 2002  4:36 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Songs about movie stars

Saturday, June 22, 2002, 10:04:37 PM, you wrote:

CT> I'm looking for songs about movies, movie stars, particularly stars
pre-1970. For example, I have both Ricky Ian Gordon's and Christopher Berg's
setting of "Poem" which starts with the immortal
CT> words, "Lana Turner has collapsed!" I also have a song by Leiber & Stoller
called "Humphrey Bogart," "Oh to be a movie star" from APPLE TREE, and am
looking at a song by Gene Scheer which has
CT> something to do with being at a party at Howard Hawks' house (although it's
written for baritone). Also, "Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee."

There was a song which came out in the mid-eighties called "Key Largo"
with lyrics "we had it all, just like Bogey and Bacall..."
I can't remember who recorded/wrote it, but I'm sure you can find out
without too much difficulty.

Vicki Bryant mailto:MezzoNotte@e...
Naperville, IL

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19461 Re: Songs about movie starsDavid Geary   Sun  6/23/2002

emusic.com