Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singercogs" <stedco@e...>
Date:  Sat Jun 15, 2002  8:26 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vowels and Registration (was re: Introduction & a Question)

Lloyd,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I think I have a better idea of
how to approach the head register with the vowel chart now. It
would be cool to understand the mathematics involved, but not
necessarily necessary. As you suggested, practicality in the
studio is of great importance, and that certainly seems to be a
great strength of the chart. I am going to look into the f3-f5
compression thing as soon as my show is open and I have
some free time again.

I've never heard of Coffin's Vowel Mirror. If Coffin mentioned it in
the "Overtones of Bel Canto" I missed it, and if we talked about it
in college oh those many years ago, I've forgotten it. The name
alone sounds fascinating. Is it something that is easily
obtained, or is it part of a fancy voice lab? I would love to hear
more about it and its use.

Thanks again for taking the time for such a thorough reply.

Best Regards
Steven Cogswell

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19413 Re: Vowels and Registration (was re: IntroductionLloyd W. Hanson   Sat  6/15/2002
19416 Re: Vowel Mirror singercogs   Sun  6/16/2002
19417 Article on vocal chord repairthomas mark montgomery   Sun  6/16/2002
19420 Re: Article on vocal chord repairLloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/16/2002

emusic.com