Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Jun 14, 2002  9:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Russian art songs

The only problem with Kalmus (especially the Rimsky-Korsakov) is there are
many misprints. The majority of Kalmus (as well as Dover and International)
scores are poor quality plates stolen during WWII. If you or your
accompanist are good at checking these types of things, they are a cheap
(in the good way...lol) resource.

Mark

"Sing on the interest, not on the principal" - Florence Page Kimball, to
her student Leontyne Price
"The voice is not a fist." - Fritz Wunderlich
"I sing with a slim voice." - Birgit Nilsson

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, snide76258 wrote:

> Kalmus (Belwin) reprints MANY of them from Russian editions. I know
> because I had to find "real" copies of the Tchaikovsky songs in my
> repertoire for a competition.
>
> I bet Classical Vocal Reprints has some, too.

emusic.com