Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Wed Jun 12, 2002  5:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] American Idol

I suppose I'd give the kids the same advice I gave to a woman at my college
reunion whose daughter wants to go on the stage: "Don't let the bastards
get you down."

Silly me, I was watching "Topsy-Turvy" (Mike Leigh's depiction of the birth
of "The Mikado") and Animal Planet last night.

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
"This would be a better world for children if the parents had to eat the
spinach." --Groucho Marx