Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Jun 10, 2002  6:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Musetta

As it happens, I went to see "La Boheme" at Bay Shore Lyric Opera (just down
the road from you in Capitola) on the day that Musetta failed to show up.
Consequently, Musetta's big aria scene was taken by Bay Shore's resident
mezzo, Liliane Cromer. Considering that she had to read the cafe dialogue
from a score, she was all right, and she did a splendid job with "Quando
m'en vol."

But, I must confess, the role would be a bit high for me. :-(

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo
"This would be a better world for children if the parents had to eat the
spinach." --Groucho Marx
>From: Reply-To: vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com
>

>Dear Vocalistmates,

But as I listened,I wondered