Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Mon Jun 10, 2002  2:06 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] documentary or movie about singers?

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, thomas mark montgomery wrote:

> I can't imagine the film will use anything other than Callas recordings -
> her sound was SO defineable.
>
> Mark
>
> Karen Mercedes wrote:
>
> Zefirelli has finished filming CALLAS FOREVER, with French actress Fanny
> Ardant in the title role, and also starring Jeremy Irons and Joan
> Plowright.
> Don't know who will be dubbing the singing.

I was thinking as much of the other singers, as of Callas. Probably will
use her recordings. But I also imagine there may be scenes in which she is
either studying with her voice teacher or coach, rehearsing or just
vocalising - and I suspect they may have someone dub such scenes. Or
perhaps they won't include such scenes at all? Were the director other
than Zefirelli, I could imagine them simply focusing on her private life,
and not on her onstage career - but I can't believe Zef wouldn't focus
mainly, if not entirely, on Callas the PERFORMER, and all that that
entailed.

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
I will sing with the spirit, and I
will sing with the understanding also.
1 Corinthians 14:15

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19369 Re: Callas ForeverDavid Geary   Tue  6/11/2002

emusic.com