Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lee Morgan" <LMorgan923@t...>
Date:  Sat Jun 8, 2002  4:14 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Musetta

As much as I respect Lloyd's posts and his knowledge, I still hold that it's
a silly idea. I certainly understand the casting thoughts that would lead
in this direction, and I do find that intriguing, but unless it's a lyric
mezzo voice that sits pretty high, the aria just lies too high. Although my
range has dropped in the last few years, and I've moved to more dramatic
repertory, in my youth my voice was on the high side of the mezzo category,
and the role just sits too high.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano