Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Tue Jun 4, 2002  11:08 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] floaty high notes

Just to add my experiences to Karen's, I use an arpeggio
for a similar problem. Mine is to float the high note and
join up the whole scale using d major as my 'home'
scale. Starting on D I go 1/3/5/3/8/5/10/8/5/8/3/5/1

If I do this legato quickly and lightly and speed it up
the only other thing I have to watch is that the vowel
formation is the centre of attention and that no jaw
tension is allowed to intrude. As I get this faster
within the bounds of quality my over-all performance
improves beyond belief. :) Not just my opinion.

Reg

emusic.com