Vocalist.org archive

From:  Melanie <mkkuolt@s...>
Date:  Sat May 27, 2000  4:38 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: ANN: Got some work!

At 10:35 5/27/2000 EDT, you wrote:
>What's the old line? "Write when you get work?" Well, I'm writin'!
>
>I've just been engaged to sing the mezzo solo in Copland's "In the
Beginning"
>with Festival Choir of Madison (WI) in October. Another exciting thing is
>that the performance will be broadcast on Wisconsin Public Radio's "Live
from
>the Elvejium (sp?)" series, which is a big art museum in Madison. I love
the
>piece (and I'm not a big fan of Copland's vocal music) and I'm very excited.
>
>Other things: I'm doing a couple of pieces from Sondheim's A LITTLE NIGHT
>MUSIC on a lakeside pops concert with the Racine Symphony in August and
>before that (sorry if I've said it before), I'm doing Daughter #4 in Philip
>Glass' AKHNATEN with Chicago Opera Theater.
>

>Christine Thomas
>Mezzo-Soprano
>Wauwatosa, WI

WOW!! Congratulations!!! I'm very excited for you! (even though you're
coming to Madison and stealing mezzo work from us Madisonians......
*g*--that's okay---I'll deal *g*)

I don't know too much about The Festival Choir, but I do know someone who
sings in it. (the director at my church job) I'll ask her how the group
is.......

Live at the LVM is a neat thing. (although the art museum is nothing I'd
call "big") Not too many people come to listen to it live, but with a whole
choir there, maybe there will be more people. I'll certainly be there to
watch!

Melanie

Melanie Kuolt--mezzo-soprano
University of Wisconsin at Madison