Vocalist.org archive

From:  Dean FH Macy <deanmacy@a...>
Date:  Sun Jun 2, 2002  3:58 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist]Annie Audition

Dolphin aura wrote:

> I was thinking about auditioning for a production of "Annie". (not for the
> lead, I'm 21 :) ) I was wondering what I should use, or even if I should
> audition.

Always audition, if you can make the time. Audition even if you don't want
the part or don't want to be in the production. When you audition give it
everything you got. If you are not up to it and planning to go anyway,
don't.

As for what to use, unless you are specifically asked to prepare a song from
the production, prepare anything that will show off your voice.

When I assisted Martin Charnin in the casting for the 20th year anniversary
production of Annie in Boston we specifically asked the little girls to
prepare to sing the song "Tomorrow." (I can still hear the ringing in my
ears from 300+ little girls singing that song full blast in the group sing.)
I have often wished we had not asked all the girls to sing the same song. The
cacophony was unforgettable.

Dr. Dean

--
http://www.mp3.com/stations/epilogue_records_artistshtml