Vocalist.org archive

From:  Molly McLinden <mollythediva@y...>
Date:  Sat May 25, 2002  6:28 pm
Subject:  teaching the very young

I am meeting with a stage mother and her 9 year old
son next week regarding lessons for him. My boss who
runs the music school tried discouraging her, telling
her he is too young to start vocal study and that
perhaps I should teach him piano...but she is very
determined.
I told her there are some things I could do that would
not harm him.....such as tons of breathing exercises,
light vocalizing, and some ear training exercises.
What are all your thoughts?
Anyone teach students this young successfully? What is
your formula?

Thanks all,

Molly

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19212 Aspirate stage speech for an Irish dialectSteven Cogswell   Sun  5/26/2002

emusic.com