Vocalist.org archive

From:  Jen <voiceslp@y...>
Date:  Thu May 23, 2002  11:58 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] RE: finding voice ent's

Dear Deanna,
I'm just checking into vocalist today with tons and
tons of pile-up so this is coming a few days after
your original posting. Nancy Zylstra was my teacher
for about 4 years when I lived in Seattle (during the
time that she was seeking treatment), and I will vouch
for her that she is terrific. Only now that I've
completed the coursework to call myself a "vocologist"
in addition to voice disorders work do I appreciate
just how knowledgeable she is. And it's true that she
was stricken and searched high and low just to procure
an accurate diagnosis for her voice malady. Good
gracious! Most importantly, she is very kind and
motivated to help singers in need.

I assume it's Dr. Faugh (um, spelling?) that you'll be
seeing and probably Marty Nevdahl is doing the strobe?
At any rate, you're lucky to have found a dedicated
team to help you -- particularly this one.

Best wishes,
Jennifer, who is planning on moving back to Seattle
and getting back into Nancy's studio when finished in
Iowa :)

--- EdgewoodVoiceStudio <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I just had my first appointment with an ENT out here
> who specializes in
> treating singers with vocal disorders. He took one
> look at my vocal
> cords and said "it's complicated"... because I don't
> have an obvious
> sort of thing like nodes, so I'm getting the video
> pictures done next
> Thursday. He said my chords look like they've
> "thickened". I'm so
> relieved to actually find someone within an hour's
> drive of where I live
> who actually knows about all that I've been reading
> about from the Joan
> Wall,Robert Caldwell book, this list, websites and
> so on. And a team of
> people actually will be looking at my pictures.. the
> dr., the video
> camera guy from Univ. of Washington and a
> professional soprano from the
> Seattle area who actually took voice lessons from
> the same woman I
> studied with 13 years ago, her lesson was after mine
> a few times,
> although I don't know her personally. Nancy Zylstra
> is the soprano and
> the dr. said she actually did a nationwide huge
> search for help and
> study about her own voice when she was having
> problems and now helps
> other singers with the knowledge that she gleaned.
> I'm so curious to know what I'll will need to do and
> to be able to
> really REALLY sing again!!! And the affect all this
> will have on my
> ability to really help my students sing the best
> they can, wow..!
> Deanna
>
> ---
> (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Date: 4/2/2002

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19202 Concert in Amsterdam (25-5 14.00)Dré de Man   Fri  5/24/2002

emusic.com