Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Rachel Hughes" <despina@p...>
Date:  Sat May 27, 2000  11:54 am
Subject:  Tongue Tension

Greetings, everyone!

Yes, it's me again, seeking advice on yet another technical issue. I've
recently discovered that when I sing (and often when I speak) there's a lot
of tension in my tongue. Specifically, when I watch myself in the mirror
singing "ah", I notice a "caving" in at the center of the tongue. When I'm
able to loosen it, the improvement in tone is stunning, but I can't seem to
do this consistently.

Does anyone have any advice on what might help (...besides lots of French
kissing :-)?

As always, many thanks in advance!
Rachel

P.S. Dean -- I listened to Kayla's song yesterday. Thank you so much for
sharing it with us! She truly personifies what singing is all about: joy.
Congratulations on your discovery of such a lovely talent!

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
1921 Re: Tongue Tension Sarah Daughtrey-Huff   Sat  5/27/2000   3 KB
1924 Re: Tongue Tension Melanie   Sat  5/27/2000   4 KB
1928 Re: Tongue Tension Sarah Daughtrey-Huff   Sat  5/27/2000   2 KB

emusic.com