Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Tue May 21, 2002  6:40 pm
Subject:  RE: finding voice ent's

Hi everyone,
I just had my first appointment with an ENT out here who specializes in
treating singers with vocal disorders. He took one look at my vocal
cords and said "it's complicated"... because I don't have an obvious
sort of thing like nodes, so I'm getting the video pictures done next
Thursday. He said my chords look like they've "thickened". I'm so
relieved to actually find someone within an hour's drive of where I live
who actually knows about all that I've been reading about from the Joan
Wall,Robert Caldwell book, this list, websites and so on. And a team of
people actually will be looking at my pictures.. the dr., the video
camera guy from Univ. of Washington and a professional soprano from the
Seattle area who actually took voice lessons from the same woman I
studied with 13 years ago, her lesson was after mine a few times,
although I don't know her personally. Nancy Zylstra is the soprano and
the dr. said she actually did a nationwide huge search for help and
study about her own voice when she was having problems and now helps
other singers with the knowledge that she gleaned.
I'm so curious to know what I'll will need to do and to be able to
really REALLY sing again!!! And the affect all this will have on my
ability to really help my students sing the best they can, wow..!
Deanna

---

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19201 Re: finding voice ent'sJen   Thu  5/23/2002
19202 Concert in Amsterdam (25-5 14.00)Dré de Man   Fri  5/24/2002

emusic.com