Vocalist.org archive

From:  GWendel Yee <gwyee@r...>
Date:  Mon May 20, 2002  3:31 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Teachers who can't (was--Amazing Opera review)

At 01:00 PM 5/17/02 -0500, James W. Glass wrote:
>and a teacher. So I guess that it boils down to why the teacher does not
>perform-is it a lack of ability? If a teacher has never had the experience
>of developing his or her own voice to a level where public performance is
>possible then that teacher would not know exactly how one does that. Does
>this make sense?

Yes it does; and I congratulate you on overcoming your extra challenges. I
don't know to what extent my teacher developed his performance skills before
losing his voice after the influenza. However, judging from the successes
he has had and continues to have with his students, and also by the growth
of my own voice, I remain quite content to study with him. I hope that
makes sense, as well.

GWendel, dT.

emusic.com