Vocalist.org archive

From:  "John Messmer, M.D." <jjm23@p...>
Date:  Sun May 19, 2002  9:27 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] MED: choosing an ENT

There is no easy way to do this. If there is a group or university
based voice center in the region, one might assume they have expertise
in the needs of singers, but individuals may vary within one
organization.

If you have a primary care doctor who understands your vocal needs,
she/he may be able to steer you properly.

There is a website www.bestdoctors.com which can refer you to a doctor
in just about any field based on your specifications, but there is a
charge for the service. These doctors are selected by other doctors who
are asked to tell whom they would select if they needed the services of
that particular type of physician.

Other singers may be the best reference, however. Satisfied customers
may be able to give you more useful information than others.

John

John Messmer, M.D.
Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine
Penn State Hershey Medical Center

emusic.com