Vocalist.org archive

From:  "EdgewoodVoiceStudio" <EdgewoodVoiceStudio@a...>
Date:  Fri May 17, 2002  8:19 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Teachers who can't (was--Amazing Opera review)

Christine wrote:
<<
I enjoy watching people develop from shy, mousy junior high students
into
confident and brave young adults>>>>
Me too! Me too! I think it’s the only reason I like teaching voice
lessons sometimes.
But SOME of my adults like to act too!!! At my recital last weekend I
was so tickled and surprised when two of my most soft spoken adults
actually acted out practically without rehearsing the gestures.... the
“I Remember You” duet from the Bette Midler “For The Boys” movie… in
lessons they would stand as stiff as boards while singing.. “I remember
you… “you’re usually,dead, without a head..”.. and I kept laughing at
the lyrics while they would sing but they were so shy I was afraid to
push them too much (by suggesting blocking and gestures) since I
actually talked them into doing the recital, I felt lucky.. but then
they totally got into it and were so cute as well as sounding pretty
good.
So, I like it when my adults step out of their 9 to 5, fighting traffic
and bills shells and be silly too. But you’re right, it’s far too rare!

I like the idea of what you said you did for your recital, doing scenes…
can you post your recital program?
Deanna

---

emusic.com