Vocalist.org archive

From:  "horselover_kf" <horsie_heroine@h...>
Date:  Fri May 17, 2002  2:35 am
Subject:  Just a request for advice

Hi all..
I'm a bit of a lurker and haven't posted much so I suppose I'll
introduce myself. I'm Katherine, a 15 yr old lyric soprano. I've
been singing for years, most seriously for the last two or three. I
take private lessons and belong to a children's choir (By the way,
I'd be interested to know if anyone here has heard of it – the Salt
Lake Children's Choir. What , if anything, have any of you heard?).

Anyway, I actually need to ask for some advice. I have a recital
coming up on Saturday and I'm performing a difficult song with a high
range. The last day or so I've developed a pretty bad sore throat
and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions that would help me to
perform my best in this condition. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

I'm also wondering if anyone has any idea of competitions, training
programs or anything of the sort in Utah..preferably the Salt Lake
area. I've been looking for any information on organizations or other
ways I can get involved in my area or have more opportunities to
learn and perform, but I haven't found anything worthwhile. It's
probably a long shot, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd really
appreciate hearing them.

-Katherine

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19109 Re: Just a request for adviceEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Fri  5/17/2002

emusic.com