Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Thu May 16, 2002  4:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Summer trip to Oberlin, OH

Let me second Richard's recommendation to go see some
shows at OLO! Last summer one of my friends was a
performer there and I got to see about 5 shows of the
season. They were wonderful. You should really look
into making the trip to Wooster...and have dinner at
the Olde Jail House Restaurant. It's really good too.
And as long as you're in the Cleveland area, may I
suggest you visit the Cleveland Museum of Art. It has
a world class collection and while it is not a "music
stop", it's well worth seeing. You said you liked
Jazz as well???? Night Town is a jazz club in
Cleveland Heights on Cedar Road. I got to see Jane
Monheit there a few months ago and they always have
good artists stopping in. And as long as you're
around, you might as well stop by Berea Summer Theater
and see me in "Will Rogers Follies" and "The Melody
Lingers On: The Music of Irving Berlin." Cleveland is
a nice place to be for summer music. OH! I almost
forgot to mention the Blossom Summer Music Festival.
They have concerts ranging from rock bands to The
Cleveland Orchestra. It is in Kent, Ohio. That is
worth looking into as well.

Happy Travelling!

Trevor
--- richardnpam@c... wrote:
> Deanna,
>
> First, let me introduce myself. I've subscribed for
> some time and enjoy
> reading all the posts but am in the final days of
> work on my doctorate and
> applying for university jobs and simply don't have
> the time to reply.
>
> Let me highly encourage you and anyone else in the
> area to attend The Ohio
> LIght Opera during your trip to Ohio. Located in
> Wooster, Ohio (one hour
> southwest of Cleveland) OLO is the only professional
> operatta company in the
> United States and is highly regarded nationally and
> internationally. Their
> season runs from June-August with approximately 8
> shows a week with 8-10
> shows running simultaneously. Their website is
> www.wooster.edu/OH_LT_OPERA.
>
> I sang with this company for three seasons and it
> was a great experience! I
> dare say there's not another company in the country
> where the performers
> receive as much stage time as at OLO!
>
> Richard Stevenson, LSU

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19110 Re: Summer trip to Oberlin, OHEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Fri  5/17/2002
19128 Re: Summer trip to Oberlin, OHTrevor Allen   Fri  5/17/2002
19117 Re: Berea Summer TheaterSharon Szymanski   Fri  5/17/2002
19118 Re: Berea Summer TheaterEdgewoodVoiceStudio   Fri  5/17/2002
19130 Re: Berea Summer TheaterTrevor Allen   Fri  5/17/2002

emusic.com