Vocalist.org archive

From:  "ebardua" <ebardua@y...>
Date:  Thu May 9, 2002  11:14 pm
Subject:  Re: Singing with a Permanent, Dilated Vessel

Brian, I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament.

I'm not so much *suggesting* this as throwing it out to the group at
large - what if he were to start singing countertenor rather than
tenor? Recently I read that the falsetto range is much less
straining on the voice than the chest range. If you have a decent
falsetto (or can cultivate one) I wonder if that might be a way to
continue singing with your problem?

I'm probably way off base. :)

--- In vocalist-temporary@y..., "brian" <brigo@m...> wrote:
> Back in December, I had a small hemorrhage on my left vocal fold.
[snip]
> If I should learn to sing with absolutely no pressure,
> would I be able to sing on these chords, throughout my range

emusic.com