Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu May 9, 2002  7:55 pm
Subject:  Advice for a "Candide" audition?

Hey gang:

I have an audition for "Candide" for a small opera company in San Francisco.
I've played the Old Lady (see the "Candide" page on my website), so I'm
well-acquainted with her aria "I am easily assimiliated." HOWEVER, that
aria is a) quite long and b) a real beast for the accompanist.

I'm considering offering instead the Old Lady's verse in "Pass It Along" ("I
have always been wily and clever...") and mentioning that I have "I am
easily assimilated" as well. Any thoughts?

[COMMERCIAL]

For SF Bay Area Vocalisters: Just four more performances of "Aspects of
Love" by the Palo Alto Players, Lucie Stern Theater, Palo Alto, CA. Must
close May 12! (West Bay Opera is moving in.) For ticket information, visit
http://www.paplayers.org.

For some photos, visit
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/Aspects_of_Love.htm !

Elizabeth Finkler
mightymezzo@h...

19059 Re: Advice for a "Candide" audition?Naomi Gurt Lind   Fri  5/10/2002

emusic.com