Vocalist.org archive

From:  " Mirko Ruckels" <mirkoruckels@i...>
Date:  Fri May 3, 2002  6:45 am
Subject:  vocal fold burning.

Just a quick question.

When vocalising or singing for a long time (say after about an hour), does
anybody here ever get a very slight burning sensation in the throat? Note:
VERY SLIGHT. Usually after a long practise, I get a very small (It doesn't
hurt or tickle) sensation in my throat. It's the same feeling as after you
rub your hands together for a few seconds and then stop. Almost like a
burning but not painful at all. I imagine it must be my vocal cord rubbing
together, but I'm a bit mystified about it. It doesn't make me sing any
worse or anything. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong-
I imagine it's just a touch of vocal fatigue. I've had a vocal tickle
before, which is a bad
sign, but this is not that.

What do listers think?

Mirko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
19005 Re: vocal fold burning.Christine Thomas   Fri  5/3/2002
19006 Re: vocal fold burning.michael.chesebro   Fri  5/3/2002
19007 Re: vocal fold burning.Lea Ann Martin   Fri  5/3/2002
19008 Re: vocal fold burning.Christine Thomas   Fri  5/3/2002
19010 Re: reflux - longSharon Szymanski   Fri  5/3/2002

emusic.com